With incessant summer heat not seeming to let up anytime soon, it’s no wonder that more and more people are trying to flee cities, at least for the weekends, exchanging concrete jungles for woods, mountains, and beaches.
If you’re the type of person to seek relief in weekend getaways, then having certain vehicle accessories should be your constant companions. Proper equipment will ensure your travels are safe and more enjoyable, keeping potential dangers on the low:
- Windshield cover is a must if you’re going camping. It’s easy to install, requiring only elastic bands to attach it to the sides of your car. Or you can skip the bands and hold them in place by having closed doors hold the side panels. It’ll keep the windshield clean and have you on the road the following day.
- Waterproof coveralls will make taking care of your car in abrupt weather changes much easier. If a summer storm suddenly hits, you won’t have to worry about leaving your vehicle. Just cover yourself and handle whatever the emergency is.
- Roadside reflector signs keep you safe on the roads, especially at night, making it easy to warn the oncoming traffic when you need to pull over abruptly.
- Summer floor mats are a driving safety feature. These mats have deep grooves for trapping water and dirt and are kept in place with the help of an anti-skid patterned underside. The mats are rubberized, which makes them easy to clean. The one downside is that they’re not a one-size-fits-all accessory. Each vehicle’s unique design requires a mat designed specifically with that model in mind.
- Portable power station will prove a life-saver if you’re stuck on the road in heat and need to keep your AC going. There’s a wide variety of choices, many budget-friendly at under $100, and they’ll prove to be one of the best investments you’ll make this summer.
- Buttery jumper cables are insurance against getting trapped on the road. They’re the easiest way to jump charge your buttery in emergencies.
- Cargo liner is another accessory that will make handling abrupt weather changes easier. They’re perfect for carrying soggy items and protecting the car’s interior. Similar to floor mats, they’re designed with specific vehicle models in mind, so ensure you’ve got the one that fits before making a purchase.
- Roadside emergency kit is a collection of items you and your family might need on the road, including a first aid kit, ropes, scissors, collapsable shovel, screwdriver, etc. You can assemble it yourself – there are plenty of guides online – but purchasing a pre-made one will save you a lot of time and effort.
- Vehicle inspection can make your summer road trip as smooth as possible. It will be in your best interest to take care of your car so that it can take care of you in return. To ensure that you arrive at your destination without a problem, check for maintenance services before you set out on a long drive.
A Tire Shop Pasadena Residents Have Been Looking For
Crown City Tire Auto Care is an auto repair and tire shop in Pasadena that centers its establishment around transparency, peace of mind, and ease. This gives each guest the confidence that they AND their vehicle will receive a high-quality experience with high-quality results!
Our family-owned and operated business has earned the Pasadena Weekly’s Best of 2021 award for providing quality auto repair services ever since 1923. So if you’ve been Googling “auto repair near me” with no satisfying results, look no further and give us a call at (626) 793-4181. We’ll make sure your car is taken care of!