SUVs are up there with some of the most versatile vehicles in the world. Not only do they have a huge amount of space inside, but you can drive many of them on any surface that you want. This includes off-road.
Sooner or later the tires on your SUV are going to need replacing. Let us walk you through everything you need to know before heading to your local tire shop. This way you will know exactly what you should be thinking about.
This is an important one. Make sure that you check the manual that came with your vehicle to determine what size of tire you need to buy.
If you do not have the manual, there should be a sticker near the driver’s door that tells you everything you need to know.
You must think about the sort of climate that you are going to be driving in the most often. In fact, this will be one of the first questions that a tire shop in Pasadena will ask you. Here’s what you need to consider:
- All-season tires are for middling weather. As long as it is not too hot or too cold, then these should be sufficient. Basically, if you live in a mild climate.
- Winter tires are for when you are planning on driving your vehicle regularly in temperatures that dip below freezing.
- Summer tires are perfect for when you live in an incredibly hot location. These tires help to ensure that you can get traction on the surface of the road.
Of course, in some areas, you may need to switch between different types of tires depending on the season. So, don’t be afraid of purchasing multiple https://www.medeor247dubai.com/en/lp/dental/med/antibiotics/ tire sets.
Reasons To Drive An SUV
As we mentioned earlier, an SUV is an incredibly versatile vehicle. You may be driving an SUV for one reason while a person with another SUV may be taking theirs on the road for another reason.
This is why it is so important that you think long and hard about why you own an SUV in the first place. This will help you to get the tires that you need.
- Performance tires are among the most responsive tires that you can buy. The driving feel is unparalleled, and they can travel at higher speeds. They aren’t the longest-lived tires, though. So, while you may be getting something that feels great, you will need to replace them far more frequently.
- All-terrain tires are for those that plan on driving on all terrains. They perform best while travelling off-road, particularly on small amounts of mud and a little snow. Nothing too crazy. They are for those that are doing basic off-roading.
- Mud-terrain tires are for those that are spending a lot of time travelling through heavy amounts of mud. They are not brilliant while on the road, but they are perfectly functional.
- Touring tires are for those that are spending most of their time on the road. They provide great traction in most conditions. They just don’t perform all that well in extreme weather.
Let Us Help You Find The Right Tires
Crown City Tire Auto Care is our tire shop in Pasadena. If you are looking for a “tire shop near me” and want to check out the latest tires for your SUV, then get in touch with our team at 626-793-4181. We can help you out!